We are your functional allergists
If you live with asthma and allergies, you already know how they impact your life. Whether it’s food sensitivities or seasonal allergies, you devote a lot of time and attention to managing your symptoms.
At AAPRI, it’s our goal to help you do that — and more — through functional medicine.
Functional medicine is a holistic practice that focuses on the whole patient. We look at the interaction between your environment and your body’s immune, digestive, and endocrine systems, to pinpoint the root causes of your symptoms. Then, we develop a treatment plan that works specifically for you. We’re not just pushing the latest pill — medications are important, but they aren’t the only answer.
Treat the cause, defeat the symptoms.
We work with you to:
- Determine your specific allergy and asthma triggers, through comprehensive testing and assessment
- Present treatment options that include traditional medicine, as well as innovative solutions like immunotherapy, naturopathic medicine, and functional medicine
- Offer opportunities to participate in research studies that are influencing the future of allergy and asthma treatment, today
- Provide guidance and support as you make the lifestyle changes that will help reduce — or even eliminate — your symptoms, for a better quality of life
In Rhode Island and surrounding areas, we are the only certified functional medicine practitioners who focus on allergies.
You may have noticed our new logo and website.
Our new website is designed to help you learn about managing your allergies and asthma along with us. Here, you’ll find:
- Information about functional medicine: what it is, why we chose to focus on it, and how it can help you minimize or eradicate your allergy symptoms
- News and updates about our practice, including advice and info from our highly skilled, professional health care team
- The latest findings from our research team, so you can see how we’re helping to make advances in health care that have massive potential to improve people’s lives
Please browse our website and let us know if you have any questions.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our e-newsletter! You’ll see a whole new look there, too.
Our goal is to help you improve your health, safety, and quality of life. We look forward to continuing to serve your needs and offer more tools and services to help you treat the cause, and defeat the symptoms of asthma and allergies!