For New Patients
At Asthma & Allergy Physicians of Rhode Island, we want to make your experience here a positive one. Can’t remember what to bring? Not sure what to expect?
Our new patient guidelines are below:
- It takes time: Remember that high quality care can’t be rushed. Your initial visit may take up to two hours, so plan your time accordingly.
- Bring an updated medication list: We want to know it all! Your list should include any and all medications (both prescription and over the counter) that you are taking, even those not for asthma or allergies.
- Don’t forget your inhaler: This is especially important for new patients. We can check to make sure you’re using your inhaler correctly. If you can manage, hold off on your inhaler dose before coming in for your visit for more accurate assessment of lung function and reversibility.
- Get a head start: Save time sitting in the waiting room by filling out your required New Patient Forms in advance.
- Be thoughtful: Because some of our patients are sensitive to scents, we ask that you do not use cologne, perfume, or scented lotions on your visit. Also, please refrain from all forms of smoking or vaping an hour prior to your appointment.
- Keep in touch if you need to reschedule: New patients who miss an initial appointment without contacting us will be subject to management approval and a $125 prepay charge before making any future appointments.